Commercial Window Film
Expansive glass windows, atriums and skylights dominate in commercial architecture today. People are drawn to and feel more comfortable in facilities rich in natural light, whether it be a building, retail mall, hotel or restaurant. Yet such expanses of light through windows comes at a high price for building owners, managers and occupants.
While glass lets in an abundance of natural sunlight, it also allows excessive hear to build up indoors sending energy cost soaring, UV rays to damage interiors and cause distracting glare.
Solar film reduces the amount of visible light transmitted through glass, so reducing glare and increasing privacy.
We partner with LLumar and Vista Window Film because thousands of architects, curators, interior designers, engineers, facility managers and building owners nationwide specify and recommend them as their window film of choice.
LLumar Interactive Tools
This interactive tool allows you to see what your home or building would look like with a LLumar Glass Enhancement film applied.
• Window Film Viewer for Homes
Low-E Films – for superior energy conservation
• Neutrals – for a soft neutral appearance.
• Ceramics – for a non-reflective appearance with excellent heat rejection properties.
• Spectrally Selective films – are virtually invisible, energy savvy, and aesthetically superior allowing 74% Visible light transmittance and the #1 choice for exclusive retail and prime commercial real estate.
• Dual Reflectives – for high heat rejection and exterior aesthetic enhancement.
• Safety and Security / Solar Combinations – provides an invisible protective shield and prevents injury from flying glass in weather conditions, civil disturbances etc., and deters thieves.
• Glass Enhancement films for Privacy, decoration, and custom design – for the look of etched glass, custom logos and designs and to enhance or create privacy in conference rooms, doors or glass structures.
We can provide an energy analysis to substantiate the window film performance and return on investment.
GO GREEN with Window Film
How to obtain Leed points, energy tax credits, and figure Return on investment:
LEED CERTIFICATION with Window Film:
• Qualify for up to 2 LEED Green Building certification credits, (optimize energy performance category) by reducing energy consumption by as much as 10+% annually.*
• Optimize Energy Efficiency, and help you work towards earning the Energy Star for your building.**
*Total Requirement for LEED certification is 26 points. The simple installation of Vista energy efficient window film represents up to 2 points towards this goal. Reference LEED website: http://www.usgbc.org/leed
**To qualify for the Energy Star for your building, your facility must be eligible to be rated and must score 75 or greater using EPA’s national Energy Performance rating system. Reference: Energy Star website: http://www.energystar.gov/
Energy Tax Credits with Window Film:
Earn a Tax Credit (LLUMAR OR VISTA FILM APPLICATION)- The Energy Policy Act of 2005 included a new tax incentive, backed and advocated by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), to improve the energy efficiency of commercial buildings. The “Commercial Building Tax Deduction” establishes a tax deduction for expenses incurred for energy efficient building expenditures made by a building owner. The deduction is limited to $1.80 per square foot of the property, with allowances for partial deductions for improvements in interior lighting, HVAC and hot water systems, and building envelope systems.
Partially qualifying property is subject to the permanent rule if it is installed as part of the interior lighting systems of a building and it is certified that the interior lighting systems that have been incorporated into the building, or that the taxpayer plans to incorporate into the building subsequent to the installation of such property, will reduce the total annual energy and power costs with respect to combined usage of the building’s heating, cooling, ventilation, hot water, and interior lighting systems by 162/3 percent or more as compared to a Reference Building that meets the minimum requirements of Standard 90.1-2001. The required 16-2/3-percent reduction must be accomplished solely through energy and power cost reductions for the heating, cooling, ventilation, hot water, and interior lighting systems. Reductions in any other energy uses, such as receptacles, process loads, refrigeration, cooking, and elevators, are not taken into account in determining whether the 16-2/3-percent reduction is achieved. (reference http://www.irs.gov )
Return on Investment with Window Film:
Pitman Glass Company can provide an energy analysis to substantiate the window film performance and your return on investment. The Department Of Energy Analysis calculates the hourly energy use and energy cost of a commercial building given information about the building’s climate, construction, operation, utility rate schedule and heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment. The projected savings of window film is calculated which yields your return on investment. Let us help you maximize your savings.